UPDATE September 28: This Expo will be available on-demand through December 26, 2012.
IDA Teams Up with Allsup for a FREE and Online True Help® Disability Web Expo
Virtual booths with experts in health, Social Security Disability Insurance, financial planning, Medicare and health insurance will be available to provide screening services, answer your questions and listen to your feedback.
This free online event will support the specific needs and interests of people with disabilities and chronic illness. Caregivers, healthcare providers and the general public also are encouraged to attend.
Network with others, register for prizes, make your voice heard in the live chats, and more!
This is a FREE One-Day Live, Online Event Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012:
7 a.m. – 2 p.m. (PST) / 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. (MST) / 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (CST) / 10 a.m. – 5 p.m (EST)
The Invisible Disabilities Association Booth Will Include:
- Front Desk
- About IDA
- Encouragement and Education
- Invisible No More TV
- Videos, Handouts and Pamphlets
- 6 Live Chats with Experts
Don’t Miss the Live Chats with Our Experts: Based on Central Standard Time
- 9:15 – 10:00 a.m. Making the Most of Your Web Expo Experience. Allsup.
- 10:00 – 10:50 a.m. Be Expedition Ready – Learn about preparing for the journey of care giving. Antarctic Mike (Pierce) and IDA President, Wayne Connell. Mike is a Speaker, World Record Holder, Caregiver to his wife, Angela and IDA Ambassador. Mike and Angela will be our Keynote Speakers for the 2012 Honor Awards Banquet on October 14th. Don’t miss it!
- 11:00 – 11:50 a.m. Ready, Set, Thrive – Nine new rules for engaging change and managing stress. Jeff Vankooten, Speaker, Trainer and IDA Executive Board Member who lives with Bipolar Disorder.
- Noon – 12:50 p.m. 7 Realities of the Invisible Becoming Visible. IDA Founder and President, Wayne Connell.
- 1:00 – 1:50 p.m. Communication Do’s and Don’ts for People with Disabilities. Kathe Skinner, MA, LMFT, Marriage and Family Therapist and IDA Executive Board Member. Kathe also lives with Multiple Sclerosis. She and her husband, David specialize in counseling couples with a spouse living with chronic illness.
- 2:00 – 2:50 p.m. Humor for Health & Well-Being. Karyn Buxman, RN, MSN, CSP, CPAE, Nurse, Hall of Fame Speaker, Humorist and IDA Advisory Board Member. She is also the Founder of Journal of Nursing Jocularity.
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Your Changing Brain – The owner’s manual to your mind. Rick Watson, CEO DRS Health Group and IDA Executive Board Member. DRS Health Group addresses emotional wellness and cognitive capacity practices.
Register Here – It’s free!
IMPORTANT! After you register for the expo, go to the “Empowerment Hall” where IDA’s Booth will be. That is where you will find all of our information, videos and 6 Live Chats! Hoover over the booths with your mouse to find our booth and click on it!
Print Our Flyer – Share with your groups, friends, family, doctors, nurses and caregivers!
Help Raise $1,000 for IDA in September – Share your thoughts on how others can encourage you on your journey! Click the link for details!
This expo is open to all living with chronic illness, pain, injury, disability and their loved ones, as well as medical professionals and all who want to learn more about these subjects.
ABOUT THE INVISIBLE DISABILITIES ASSOCIATION
The Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA) is a non-profit organization that has been encouraging, educating and connecting people and organizations touched by invisible disabilities around the world since 1997. IDA provides awareness, articles, pamphlets, booklets, radio interviews, videos, seminars, events, resources, an online social network and much more.