Thank you so much for visiting the Invisible Disabilities Association. We are thrilled to have you here and hope that you have found what you are looking for through our vast amount of information and resources!
IDA is an organization with a big heart and a huge reach, bringing awareness, education and support to millions around the world! We are volunteer based, with people who care deeply for those living with illness, pain and disability.
We are working hard to make a difference, in addition to our careers, families and/or disabilities. IDA strives to bring the above through our websites, articles, pamphlets, books, videos, radio and television interviews, programs, special events, blogs, the online IDA Community, social media and much more! Thank you for visiting us!
QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS: IDA provides awareness, education, support and resources through our websites, posts and publications. Please see below, to find the answers to your questions. We are so glad you are here!
- If You Have a Medical Emergency: Please call 9-1-1. If it is not an immediate emergency, please call your doctor, 1-800-223-TALK and/or go to your local hospital. If you need help with a domestic situation, please call the proper authorities and/or professionals.
- Medical or Legal Questions: IDA cannot answer medical or legal questions nor provide financial assistance, as well as legal or political advocacy.
- Disability Benefits: If you have a question about Social Security Disability benefits, please contact the SSA directly or seek advice from an attorney. If you do not receive SSDI, but would like to discuss your situation with a claims service, you may receive a free consultation with our sponsor, Allsup. For more resources, check out IDA’s Programs4People!
- Financial Assistance: If you need financial assistance, IDA provides Programs4People to make it easier for our readers to find links to U.S. Dept of Health & Human Services and more!
- ADA Help: If you have a question about disability laws under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact them directly or call the ADA Helpline at: 1-800-949-4232. For more resources, check out IDA’s Programs4People!
- Residential Help: For residential disability law issues, please contact your local housing authority, under the Fair Housing Act or obtain advice from an attorney. For more resources, check out IDA’s Programs4People!
- Looking for Support: Join our online Invisible Disabilities Community for friendship and support. Share your story and meet others who “get it!” IDA has provided online support since 1999 , we are now partners on Inspire and we have thousands of members in our community. Inspire is partnered with over 100 leading, national advocacy groups, with over 750,000 members! Come on over and join us! We would love to meet you! We also have a Meetup Group for those in the Denver area (where IDA is based).
- Resource Requests: We publish all of our information and resources online through our websites! Please browse our pages for articles, links, videos, support, resources and more!
- Link Requests: If you are a business, organization or individual, please consider becoming an IDA Sponsor to get your logo and link on our pages and/or event programs!
- Join Our Cause: Please join us in our outreach to millions living with illness, pain and disability. We are working hard to bring awareness, education and support around the world through our websites, articles, pamphlets, books, videos, radio and television interviews, programs, special events, the online IDA Community, social media and more. There are many ways you can help support IDA through shopping in our stores, sharing our articles, posts and videos, becoming a Sponsor or give a donation. A donation in any amount is greatly appreciated!
MEDIA INQUIRIES ONLY: Please go to our Media Page.
Invisible Disabilities Association
P.O. Box 4067
Parker, CO 80134