LaFawn Biddle has been selected to be the 2015 recipient of the Invisible Disabilities Association’s Award. LaFawn has been chosen based upon her incredible lifelong passion and personal experience of helping those living with hearing loss and deafness and for being an example of generosity to be modeled.
LaFawn, whose daughters were born with profound hearing loss, has focused her volunteer efforts in the health care and child welfare arenas, holding local and national leadership positions in causes ranging from the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to Tennyson Center for Children. But, she confided, “The reason I become a life member of groups like Friends of Nursing is because I can never remember to pay my (annual) dues. When you are a life member you only have to make that one payment.”
Proclaimed by Doug Tisdale, Mayor of Cherry Hills Village on January 1, 2015,
LaFawn Biddle, a renowned and powerful force in the philanthropic community, has dedicated her life to community service, improving the lives of thousands through her exemplary activities with dozens of nonprofit organizations. One of those includes serving as chairman of the Board at St. Mary’s Academy in Cherry Hills Village. She is also the co-founder of the Institute for Life & Care, whose mission is to strengthen those who serve others in our community and beyond and whose work has achieved great results throughout Colorado.
2015 is a very special year for LaFawn. Not only will she be celebrating her 90th birthday all year, she is the recipient of many outstanding awards.
- January 1, 2015 – Cherry Hills Village Mayor, Doug Tisdale, proclaimed the day as LaFawn Biddle Day in Cherry Hills Village.
- February 19, 2015 – LaFawn will be awarded Life Membership in The Denver Ballet Guild
- April 2, 2015 – LaFawn will receive the Community Angel Award presented at The Bessie’s Hope Gala, “An Evening of Music and Magic.”
- May 1, 2015 – LaFawn, along with the late Marion Downs, will be recognized at The Marion Downs Center Gala, “Celebrating the Legacy.”
- October 23, 2015 – LaFawn will receive the “Hearing is Believing” Award at our 8th Annual Awards Gala.
In 2011, LaFawn received the 2011 Outstanding Philanthropist Award presented at the National Philanthropy Day in Colorado luncheon. In addition, there are many organizations that have garnered LaFawn’s attention and passion. Here are just a few: Porter Hospital Foundation, TAPS – Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Arapahoe House, Denver Rescue Mission, Performing Arts Academy, and Kim Robards Dance.
LaFawn’s award was presented at the 2015 Awards Gala on October 23rd, 2015.