The Invisible Disabilities Association strives to bring awareness about illness, injury and disability to friends, family, co-workers, businesses and more. Check out our booklet, pamphlets and videos that address several topics related to living with invisible disabilities. Order them here
INVISIBLE AWARENESS: Our book and pamphlets to bring awareness about invisible disabilities.
- “But You LOOK Good!” Book – A Guide to Understanding and Encouraging People Living with Chronic Illness and Pain. This book gets to the heart of why our friends and family members have difficulty with continuing illness and pain. It helps them to understand that even though a person with a chronic condition may LOOK good, it does not mean they FEEL good! Moreover, it gives them simple, pragmatic ways to truly be an encouragement, what to say, what not to say and how to help. Read Pamphlet Excerpt of Part One. Order Booklet or Pamphlet.
- About the Invisible Disabilities Association – View and print or order from our IDA Store.
- But They Look So Good! The Paradox of Looking Good, but Feeling Bad.
- Don’t Judge by Appearances – Accessible Parking Rights and Needs for People with Invisible Disabilities. Order this Pamphlet.
- Looks Can Be Deceiving – Understanding What’s on the Inside, Despite What You See on the Outside. Order this Pamphlet.
- Multiple What? Untangling the Perplexities of Multiple Sclerosis. An explanation of MS and how it’s symptoms and severity may differ from person to person. Order this Pamphlet.
- Why Don’t They Just Take Something? Living in the Gap. Loved ones often assume that if their friend or family member is still sick, they must be failing to do what their doctor is telling them to do. This article is a window into why this is not always the case. Order this Pamphlet.
CHEMICAL SENSITIVITIES: From the Cleaner Indoor Air Campaign launched by IDA.
- The Cleaner Indoor Air Campaign – There are millions of Americans who report allergic, immunologic, asthmatic and neurological reactions to perfumes, colognes, chemicals and synthetic fragrances. For these groups of people, just leaving their homes can mean risking the possibility of an exposure to chemicals in our environment. The CIA Campaign strives to educate medical facilities, businesses and churches on how to create a less threatening environment for this growing number of people.
- Creating a Fragrance Free Zone – A Friendlier Atmosphere for People Living with Environmental Illness. Order this Pamphlet.
- Why Go Fragrance Free? Millions Report Adverse Reactions to Perfumes and Fragrances. Pamphlet for people who live with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (or Environmental Illness) and their loved ones. Order this Pamphlet.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING: Parking in accessible spots with an invisible disability.
- Don’t Judge by Appearances – Parking with Invisible Disabilities. Pamphlet helps people better understand the legal rights those with various disabilities have to park in an accessible parking space. It strives to shed a light on the fact that reserved spaces are not limited to disabilities that are readily visible to the onlooker. Order this Pamphlet.
SERVICE ANIMALS: Awareness on service dogs, emotional support pets and therapy animals.
- What Makes an Animal More Than Just a Pet? Service Animals Assist People with Many Types of Disabilities. Order this Pamphlet.
- Additional Service Animal Resources
The data contained in this web site are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical or legal advice. The Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA) does not necessarily agree with everything contained in these linked sites. Seek the advice of your physician or attorney before taking action or making and changes. Neither IDA nor any of our affiliates, board members, volunteers etc. can be held responsible for any comments, opinions or advice expressed within this site or any linked sites.