Invisible No More Campaign
Envision a World Where People Living with Illness, Pain and Disability
Will Be Invisible No More®
The Invisible No More Campaign was launched by the Invisible Disabilities Association to bring awareness to the challenges of living with invisible disabilities, provide education to friends and family, and support to those living with debilitating conditions.
The Invisible No More Campaign not only shines a light on what people living with disabilities contend with, but also on their incredible perseverance and courage. It is our hope that when friends and family watch these stories in the Invisible No More Campaign, they will begin to realize that their loved one’s story is just as amazing.
Why the need for an Invisible No More Campaign?
People battling various mild to severe debilitating conditions are often told they, “Don’t LOOK” sick or in pain. Because others cannot see their fatigue, cognitive dysfunctions, mental disorders or pain, they often do not believe the symptoms are real or think the person must be lazy or exaggerating.
Contending with symptoms, doctor appointments, therapies, medical bills and losses can be overwhelming enough without also battling for the support of friends and family.
The Invisible No More Campaign provides a platform for creativity and validation.
Therefore, in order to be a source of support, believing a loved one when they say they are sick or in pain is the most important thing we can do. Just because we can’t see from the outside, what they are battling on the inside, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. In fact, belief, validation and support can give a friend or family member the strength they need to continue the fight! The Invisible No More Campaign provides a platform for validation.
Go on a journey with these incredible warriors and let their invisible challenges and battles, as well as determination, strength and true grit show you and everyone they are very much visible as they share their story in the Invisible No More Campaign.
SHARE YOUR INVISIBLE NO MORE STORY VIDEO
We Would Love to Hear Your Invisible No More Story!
Simply set up your camera, turn it on and share your Invisible No More story.
As you know, living with an invisible disability can be additionally challenging when loved ones do not understand. Sadly, friends and family often assume a person is exaggerating, unmotivated, not trying hard enough, not wanting to get better, failing to pay attention or simply being lazy.
The purpose of this campaign is to bring awareness of invisible disabilities and share true life stories to bring about respect, belief and better understanding to those living with various conditions.
- Sit in a place where light is on your face versus at your back to get the best picture.
- Keep the video length at a maximum of 3 minutes long.
- Your name.
- Name of your illness, injury or challenge (optional).
- How your life was before and/or how life is now.
- Your losses and struggles (friends, family, career, isolation, finances, cooking, cleaning, marriage, etc).
- Others not understanding your invisible challenges, because they are not readily apparent (debilitating fatigue, pain, dizziness, cognitive dysfunctions, hearing/sight impairment, etc).
- Experiences with people not believing (assuming you are being lazy, malingering, unmotivated, not paying attention, etc).
- Your wish for change in belief and support among friends, family, coworkers, etc.
- Your thoughts about the need for the work that IDA (pronounced Ida not I.D.A) is doing to create awareness, education, resources, encouragement and support.
- Please do not include information about specific medications, treatments, doctors, clinics, political or controversial issues, etc.
- If you have a website, blog or book you would like to share with our viewers, please include that information in the description for your video, but not on the video itself.
- By submitting your video you agree to the following: I hereby consent without further consideration or compensation to the full use of this video taken of me and/or recordings made of my voice and/or written extraction, in whole or in part, of such recordings for the purposes of illustration, broadcast, or distribution in any manner by the Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA). Submission of video does not guarantee use or publication.
- Once your video is done, upload it to your YouTube Channel. If you do not have a YouTube Channel, you can get one for free. You will have the option of hiding your channel from public if you would like.
- Title the video, “My Story – Your Name.” You may use just your first name or your username if you prefer.
- Go to our Invisible No More TV Channel. Subscribe to the channel.
- Send a link to your video to us through our Contact Page.
Thank you for participating in this exciting project!
The IDA Team
All submissions are subject to approval. IDA reserves the right to not accept a video for any reason.
INVISIBLE NO MORE WRISTBAND
Share your story on www.InvisibleNoMore.TV. Tell everyone about it with your own glow-in-the-dark IDA blue INM wristband. Order a 2-pack, 5-pack or 25-pack for you, your family, your friends, your co-workers, your office and even your entire organization or company!
These wristbands are IDA Blue with white lettering that is visible in normal lighting. Unlike other awareness bracelets, the letters are not only embossed into the bracelet, but also filled in with white so that others can read them … making them Invisible No More! Once the bracelet has been exposed to sunlight or direct lamp light, the outer blue will glow in the dark, around the lettering so that it can also be read in the dark! This symbolizes the light in the darkness that shines around the invisible disability to make it Invisible No More! These wristbands are very unique and fun!
Vicki Brown, Founder, Hope-Promise-Support Foundation for Scleroderma and Wayne Connell, Founder, IDA
INVISIBLE NO MORE CAMPAIGN T-SHIRTS, HOODIES AND MORE
Show your enthusiasm for the Invisible No More Campaign with these fun t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, pajamas, bumper stickers, tote bags, mugs, cards, calendars, pillows, blankets and more. Here are just a few of the products available. Go to our IDAstuff Store for all of our available products.