Every month of the year, there is a list of nationally recognized causes, illnesses and even fun and silly topics. The awareness spans from Teacher Appreciation and Cancer to Oatmeal and Spunky Old Broads Month.
Although every month brings awareness to very important diseases, illnesses and disorders, May seems to be loaded with them.
We found several lists, but none seemed complete. So, we did our best to add as many as we could find. If you know of any other National or State Awareness Months to be added to this list, please leave a comment on this page, along with a link to a diagnosis specific health organization or foundation’s press release or notice that we can confirm with. Also, please feel free to leave a post about any Awareness Days or Weeks! We would love to hear about them all!
May Awareness Months for Health Conditions:
- Allergy/Asthma Awareness Month
- ALS Awareness Month
- Arthritis Month
- Asthma and Allergy
- Awareness of Medical Orphans Month
- Better Hearing and Speech Month
- Borderline Personality Disorder Month
- Celiac Disease Awareness Month
- Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month
- Ehlers-Danlos Awareness Month
- Environmental Illness Awareness Month
- Fibromyalgia Education and Awareness Month
- Healthy Vision Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- High Blood Pressure Education Month
- Huntington’s Disease Awareness Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- Lyme Disease Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- Mental Health Month
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities Awareness Month
- Neurofibromatosis Month
- Older Americans Month
- Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month
- Stroke Awareness Month
- Toxic Encephalopathy and Chemical Injury Awareness Month
- Vasculitis Awareness Month
This is not a list of all illnesses, diseases and disorders that may cause debilitating symptoms. This is a list of conditions that have Federal or State status for Awareness Months or Weeks. As you may know, the Invisible Disabilities Association reaches around the world to all living with illness, pain, injury and disabilities … there are thousands! If you would like to bring more awareness to a health condition you or your loved one lives with, find out what month it falls under and contact an organization that focuses on that specific condition (ie: Arthritis Foundation) to obtain press releases, posters, flyers and more. Together, we can get the word out and educate the world!