Few people have personified giving the way Steve Kelley has over three decades and a storied media career in Denver.
Probably best known for his charity fundraising stunts, people sometimes overlook Steve’s unique and award winning career as a Marconi Award winning radio and TV personality. Steve is also well known for the unique stunts he’s performed to raise well over 2 Million dollars for charities or bring attention to issues he feels are important.
in November 2012, Steve set a new Guinness World Book of Records for the longest marathon on a swing. He spent 32 hours swinging back and forth as part of his “Colorado Swings the Vote” campaign. Since Colorado was considered a “swing state” in the 2012 Presidential election, Steve used his stunt to encourage people to get out and vote.
Listed below are just a few of the stunts Steve has performed for many great causes.
- Sitting in every seat (75,123) at Denver’s Mile High Stadium (1981)….4 days 11 hours sleep total.
- Repeated the feat 20 years later at what is now Sports Authority Field at Mile High, finishing exactly one day before 9/11/2001
- Swam 101 Miles in Denver’s Sloan’s Lake…100 + 1 mile… “Going the Extra Mile”
- 17 Mile crawl on hands and knees
- Pogo Sticking 43 miles from Boulder to Denver, and finishing in a rare spring blizzard
- Lived in a freezer truck at -30 degrees below zero for one week
- World record Handshaking marathon, shacking 95,000 hands
- Washed 10,000 windows on two mirrored Skyscrapers
- Rode on top of a bi-plane on a dare for a charity
- Completed the longest continuous hole of golf… 55 miles across the city (Lost 600 balls!)
From the heights of Super bowls to the deepest tragedies like Columbine, Steve has covered it all with grace, humor and compassion.
Steve himself suffered a head injury from a car accident in 2013. He was on the way to a family wedding on the Western Slope with his brother-in-law when a large truck hit his SUV. He suffered a concussion and whiplash. Steve says from time to time he loses track of his thoughts yet has made great strides in his recovery.
Steve is a Christian man devoted to his wife and three children, two of which are currently serving in the United States Navy and Air force.
Steve hosts his own radio show “Kelley and Company” and is joined by co-host Krista Kafer, afternoons from 1:00PM – 4:00PM on 710 KNUS and broadcast nationwide online.