2018 INVISIBLE DISABILITIES WEEK – OCT 14TH – 20TH
Mark Your Calendar
2018 Invisible Disabilities Week
Together we can bring awareness, education and support to your neighborhood and around the world during Invisible Disabilities Week Oct 14th – 20th, 2018.
Invisible Disabilities Week (IDW) is Hosted by the Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA). IDW was Founded by IDA in 2014.
Shop IDA Store
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN INVISIBLE DISABILITIES WEEK
- JOIN the Invisible Disabilities Week’s Daily Activities on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- SHARE with friends, family, medical teams and social media! Spread awareness and education about millions living with debilitating illness and injury, as well as support to those living with invisible disabilities.
JOIN IN ON THE ACTIVITIES FOR INVISIBLE DISABILITIES WEEK
This event is FREE! All activities are optional. No purchase is necessary. Donations and proceeds from books, pamphlets, shirts, wristbands, etc. help us continue our outreach of awareness, education and support around the world.
- POST FACEBOOK FRAMES or BADGES: Add an Invisible Disabilities Week Facebook Frame to your profile photo! Or you can simply replace your profile photos with the ID Week Badge!
- SHARE YOUR STORY: Post your story with a photo or video alone or with your favorite person, place or pet. Share as little or as much as you would like about your journey. Hint: people are more likely to read or watch if they are under 250 words or 2 minutes.
- BOAST YOUR BLUE: Post a photo or video of you wearing an Invisible No More! Wristband, IDA Lapel Pin, IDA Shirt or ID Badge Wallet. Or you can just wear your favorite blue shirt, hat or scarf! Take these photos or videos alone or with your favorite person, place or pet. Tell us why you think invisible disabilities awareness is important or how you want to be Invisible No More!®
- SHARE YOUR AWARENESS ENDEAVORS: We want others to learn about what YOU are doing. Post a link to your invisible disabilities book, blog, art or music.
- SHARE IDA PUBLICATIONS AND VIDEOS: Share articles, blogs and radio interviews with friends, family, doctors and groups on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and more to bring awareness, education and support to the world! Watch and share over 160 IDA videos with amazing Guest Speakers, Medical Professionals, Award Recipients and personal stories!
- THANKFUL THURSDAY: We will be sharing what we are thankful for on Thursday. It can be anything big or small such as a vacation, your spouse, your pet, your doctor, getting out of bed, etc. Share a photo or video to your post if you would like.
- SET UP FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER: Set up a Facebook Fundraiser to help IDA continue our work around the globe. It’s easy and fun!
- JOIN THE ID COMMUNITY: Find support and friendship through the Invisible Disabilities Community on Inspire. Over 100 national patient organization partners like IDA and over one million members!
- JOIN US IN DENVER! We hope you can join us for the 2017 IDA Awards Gala October 21st in Denver! www.LaughOutLoud.fyi
WAYS TO SUPPORT IDA:
- ORDER AWARENESS PRODUCTS AND PUBLICATIONS: Order Invisible No More!® Glow-in-the-Dark Wristbands, ID Badge Wallets (new) and ID Lapel Pins (new), as well as IDA’s “But You LOOK Good!” Book and Pamphlets that have been sent around the world! Order HERE!
- ORDER SHIRTS AND MORE: Order IDA Shirts, Hoodies, Mugs, Totes, Bumper Stickers and more through our CafePress store, IDA Stuff!
- SEND A DONATION: Send a donation to help us continue our work. A gift of any amount is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Donate HERE!